Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Day of 3s Class!

The boys started in the 3s class today!

There were no tears at drop-off -- for me or for them. There was no excitement at pick-up, mostly just a mix of  "Mommy, can we go to Abby and Maya's house?" and "Mommy, I didn't get to finish my peanut butter crackers!"

I'm thrilled the day was so uneventful. And, as I said before, I'm excited for the boys' growth this year. I think Miss Michelle will be just what they need. (Now, if only we can keep the confusion about Michelle the nanny and Miss Michelle the teacher to a minimum!)

As usual, my two can barely contain their excitement.
For comparison, here they are on last year's first day of school. Look how much more babyish they seem here.

The boys and their buddies, Avery and Marcus. I was hoping to get Penelope and Abby and Maya in the photo, but they wandered in fashionably late -- I guess it's a girl thing? Their friend Jeffery is in the 3/4s class this year, so I hope we get to see him a little bit.
Here they are after school let out. See? No tears! And this was Maya and Abby's first day of school EVER. Impressive!
It was also the first day of school for my big boy nephew Russy, who is in the FIRST GRADE. Lord. Look how big! I can't stand it.
And it was the first day for Kadija's kids, too! Kalonji is 12 and in the 7th grade. Alahna is 7 in the2nd grade; Aminah is 8 in the 3rd grade and Kwahli is 5 in kindergarten. I remember when all of them were teeny babies. Time goes so quickly.

Happy first day of school to all the babies and big-kids-who-will-always-be-babies-to-us!

Have a great year of learning and fun! We love you!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Your boys are so handsome! Our first day of school is in two weeks. I am really hoping for a tear free day for everyone. But I got a little teary just reading this post, so I don't hold out much hope :)

DCAngel said...

So cute! And they're so big -- I just can't stand it! Zachary's first day of school ever is September 10th, and I'm with Janna, I'm hoping for a tear-free day, but not holding out much hope.

Congratulations, big boys, on the first day of 3s! Big hugs from Aunty Angel!