Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Kids are loud

Newsflash to people who don't have children yet.

Kids are LOUD.  They do everything loud. They stomp up stairs. They know of only one way to shut a door and that is to slam it. They don't "give" anything to anyone - they toss or outright throw -- making an "UNH!" sound while doing so. They loudly slurp their food and beverages, they bang their utensils, they scoot their chairs back with grating, scraping noises.

And contrary to popular belief, there is NO SUCH THING as an inside voice. None!

Their lives are a fight-scene in a comic book personified: Bam! Boom! POW!

Yes, all children are loud, but my three children are the loudest of all children alive.

They scream everything. They are constantly shouting over each other. They sing all songs like boorish, drunken pirates, or Vikings, or some such.

I have a headache every day. A happy headache -- because they are usually quite gleeful when they're loud -- but still. I need to buy stock in Tylenol.

The other day, my ears ringing from the cacophony in our house, I asked Cary to please sing a quieter song.

"But, but, but..." he said (loudly), "I only have LOUD songs."

Somehow, I know this is absolutely the truth.

2 comments:

liv said...

an old man at miss shirley's complained that our kids were too loud on saturday morning. they were loud. but i was still annoyed because (a) it's miss shirley's, not the palm and (b) they weren't screaming and (c) we were on the way out. they were happy loud. i kinda wished they started being their crying whining loud right then.

Anonymous said...

Yes.