Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Update on C and D

Here's the latest on my sweeties.

Dunh-dunh-dunh-DUNH! DEAN FINALLY HAS TEETH!

His two top teeth came in (pretty much at the same time) this week! Yay! Unlike with Cary's big rabbit teeth, you still can't really see Dean's unless he's laughing or grinning really wide, but they're there. Clear as day.

So now the tooth count in our house is:
Cary = 4
Dean = 2

Yay! My child will not be toothless for life (as was my fear).

Dean also took a few tentative steps today!!! It was more of a shuffle than actual steps, but he propelled himself an inch or two forward while upright, so I say that counts! Walking cannot be too far away now, folks. Ack!

The boys have a new push toy my sister gave me that used to belong to their cousin Russy. It's hysterical because it's also a ride-on toy, so one can ride while the other pushes. They find this INFINITELY enjoyable. And I love watching them play together. It makes me feel all warm inside.

Speaking of my sister, she took this video of Dean and Cary dancing at my mom's house the other day and it is sooooo funny. Please check out these two dancing machines! Especially Dean and his "slow groove." LOL!




I have started giving the boys spoons at dinner, to start getting them used to utensils. Even though I know we're a long way off from them actually using the utensils, I'm told it's good to start getting them acquainted with the idea.

Cary enjoys when I help him scoop a little food up on the spoon and then steer the spoon in his mouth. He finds this hysterical. Dean, on the other hand, will not let me touch his spoon, his hands or his food (which he throws on the floor). It is soooo frustrating! The only way I can get him to eat is to "hide" real food inside a scoop of yogurt. But this is not teaching him to eat his dinner -- and it's giving in to his desire for sweets, which I didn't want to do. But oh well -- what's the alternative?

Cary and Dean are now able to follow simple instructions, such as "Hand Mommy the shoe," or "Find your book," or "Lie down." This is awesome, as this clearly means we are not far from being able to say, "Go downstairs and get yourself some cereal so Mommy and Daddy can sleep in."

Can't wait!

1 comment:

Candice Baptiste said...

Dean's dancing this the cutest thing I've ever seen.