Happy New Year!!
I'm back at work with a ton to do, of course, but I wanted to get back in the saddle with a lot of things, including testing my sugars more regularly and blogging!
So this'll be short-ish.
I had two weeks off from work, with my family, and it was AWESOME. I spent a lot of time with the babies, and I swear I witnessed them developing right before my eyes. Their language skills are exploding; sometimes they string together three or four related words, helping Lester and me to know much better what they're thinking or wanting. This is lovely, let me tell you.
They're still amazingly whiny and tantrum-y, but at least there are way more moments where I can say, "Oh, you want to hear 'Hot Cross Buns?' OK. Let me play that for you!" or something along those lines. And everyone is happy when communication is clear!
The boys got wooden musical instruments from my sister for Christmas, and it only took Dean two days to figure out how to work the harmonica (which, parents of babies will know is a big thing, because they don't usually get "blowing" until later on, I'm told).
Here he is, making a little tune (and tapping his feet, which you can't see). He was so proud of himself!
My little musical prodigy!
Lester and I began our talks about what to expect in 2012 with a third child/newborn in the house, which is good. But we haven't had our talk about our more general 2012 goals and dreams (other than financial), so we are planning to do that this week.
I'll let you know how that goes.
Meanwhile, we made a plan to go to a birthday party this coming Saturday for a friend's 2-year-old, and then I'll take the boys afterward and go to my Mom's for an overnight visit, giving Lester time to paint Curve Ball's room! Yay! Progress!
I picked a color for her room called "Aloe Vera," which is less minty than I had imagined in my mind at first, with a bit more yellow in it. And now I'm nervous that this will look puke-y or Mountain Dew-ish on the walls. Which is NOT what I was going for. So keep your fingers crossed for me that it is a pretty shade, and perfect for my little sweetie.
Speaking of my sweetie, I am 32 weeks today and I go back on Thursday for another ultrasound to see if she's slowed up her growth at all, thanks to the insulin. I really hope so, but it's unfortunate this insulin business came about smack dab in the middle of sweet potato pie season! (Yes, Mommy splurged a little...) I honestly think she's growing like a weed, if her powerful punches are any indication. Good grief, this girl is strong. And wild! Ugh!
I also start fetal monitoring twice a week, beginning on Thursday. How I will get all my work done at work while running back and forth to the perinatal center, I don't know. But I can't worry about that.
It's 2012 -- the Year of Curve Ball. I'm worrying about her (and the other Davises) and honestly, not much else.
Curve Ball, has a name by the way, but I won't be sharing until she's born. Some of my family members know, and there have been ...how shall I say?....mixed reactions. Which is why I don't usually share in the first place. So I've decided to stop sharing until her name is what her name is, and it's plain rude to criticize then.
Besides, there have to be some surprises in this world, no? With a blog where I share just about everything, this is one thing that I can keep you all guessing about!
(Hey, I gotta find my fun where I can, folks.)
3 comments:
I love the name and I don't know it, so ha relatives!
Yeah--me, too! (Love the name.) :-) So glad that things are going well, and you're making progress to boot! My calendar is pretty empty right now for January, so let's get together! Seriously, I'm free the next 4 Saturdays. And I'll come to you! Just tell me when and where and I'll be there. Can't believe you're really in the home stretch now!
I think you should stick with Curve Ball, it has character!
Post a Comment