Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Uh-oh...sibling rivalry already?

I don't usually post twice in one day, but I just remembered that I needed to get this down before I forgot.

Two nights ago, I'm sitting on the sofa, while Cary and Dean are crawling all over me and the pillows, being busy as usual.

I had my shirt pulled up and the elastic maternity-waistband thingy on my pants pulled down, giving my poor, itchy skin a breather. So my belly was on full display.

Cary spied this, came speed-crawling over, and yanked my shirt down.

"Close!" he said.

"You don't want to see Mommy's tummy?" I asked, thinking maybe this distorted, stretch-marked monstrosity grosses them out (because Dean does the SAME thing, whenever my stomach is exposed.)

"Noooo!" he said. "No baby! Noooooo, BABY!"

So...apparently, it's not the gross tummy he's opposed to. It's the baby inside he's got a problem with.

Uh-oh. And I thought Dean was gonna be the problem.

2 comments:

DCAngel said...

Awwwwww! I can't wait to hear how this plays out. I'm so glad you're going before me; this way, you can work out all the kinks. ;)

Beth said...

That is too funny Tanika! You have a couple of precocious nearly-2-year-olds on your hands! (As if you didn't already know that.)