We're home from the hospital now and I am exhausted and sore (good GRIEF this C-section incision hurts!) and hormonal and oh-so-happy!
I have so much to say about this labor/delivery/hospital stay/little baby girl -- but Lester covered the gist of it (wasn't that such a cute post? I didn't even know he was going to do that! Awww!) so I'll instead do two things.
First: Thanks and shout-outs and love-grams forever to Beth for coming all the way out to Baltimore with FOOD!!! for the freshly-home-from-the-hospital Davis family and also -- just because she is JUST that awesome -- gifts for Clair, as well as for Cary and Dean!!! Seriously, she wins the blogfriend of the year award with that wonderful move. And honestly, I think it's way past time I stopped calling her a blogfriend, don't you? I'd like to think that she and I are just plain ol' friend-friends now. And I'm so happy and blessed to count her among the many amazing women I hold dear to my heart in that category.
Thanks so much, Beth! My entire family thanks you!
Second: PHOTOS!!
Clair Elise, born 2/16/12 at 11:21 a.m. -- 7 lbs., 14. oz of pure loveliness.

Hmmm. Shall I give Mommy a break and nurse today? Or ever? No. I don't think that I will.

Headed home from the hospital. My first car ride. My adorable hat. My enormous pacifier!

Curve Ball -- curved into a ball. (I love this photo.)

It is not an exaggeration to say that this man has lost his ever-lovin'-mind over this little girl. Lost his mind, do you hear me? Hello, Daddy? Meet Clair's little finger. Then twist yourself right on around it. It's a wrap for you, sir.

Cary and Dean meet their little sister for the first time, two days after she's born. The jury's still out as to what they think about her. I won't get into it here, about how differently they reacted to her -- and me -- on this day. I'm sure there will be many posts about this topic in the future.
Cary, coming in for a closer look.
Contemplative Clair.

Silly Clair.

She's got a lot of personality already, folks. Hold on to your hats! This is gonna be one fun ride!
5 comments:
Congratulations! She is amazing. I totally agree-Beth is a gem! Your family is beautiful!
Oh my goodness. The last two pictures are adorable!!! She looks like Dean and Cary! I LOVED seeing you yesterday and only wished I had planned a little better so I could have brought you a better dinner. (I won't admit to the whole world what I brought! LOL) When we left, William said, "Those boys are really cute, Mommy." Anyway, it was great to meet Lester, even though I felt like I already knew him. These Internet bonds are strange ones, indeed! And yes--we are friends IRL now. Can't wait to see you guys again!
LOVE her. And "Shall I give Mommy a break and nurse today" got me to laugh out loud. If only it wasn't true that they scheme so ;-). And curve ball as a ball. ANd the boys. And the adoring daddy. and and and and
Need more!
She is truly beautiful.
Love this girl.
Rest up, my friend. Hugs to the family (can you believe that you were only a family of two just two short years ago)??
Post a Comment