The Scene:
I'm in Clair's room, changing her diaper and getting her dressed for the day.
Cary and Dean are still in their cribs. They've been awake quite awhile and have been talking and singing to/with one another, while Lester and I got ready for work. Cary has had his fill of being in the crib and is whining, incessantly.
The Exchange:
Cary: "Mommmmmmmy. Get oooouuuuuuut! Mommmmyyyyyyyyyy! I want to GET OUUUUT!"
Me: "Cary, I'm changing Clair. I'll be in to get you and Dean in a minute. Please be patient, sweetie."
Cary: Whine, whine, whine. Weep, wail and moan.
Me (talking loudly to Clair): "Clair, your brother is not being very patient while I get you dressed. Would you tell him to be patient please?"
Me to Cary: "Cary, Baby Clair says, 'Please be patient! I'm getting my diaper changed. It will be your turn soon.'"
Pause in whining.
Cary: "No. Baby Clair no say 'pay-tent.' Baby Clair NOT can talk!"
The Lesson:
I need to come up with some new tricks in the old sleeve.
No comments:
Post a Comment