Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

I'm 39 today!

Because I am an idiot, I decided to come to work.
And on the news this morning they reminded me how old I am by noting that E.T. came out 30 years ago today. Thirty years ago. Thirty. I remember going to see that movie with my Dad, and he cried at the end, but pretended he didn't when we asked him about it. To this day, he swears he didn't cry at E.T. But he totally did. 

I digress. Back to moi!

I may be old and at work, but at least my boys came in the room this morning and both said, "Appy Boithday!" (and then Cary said, "Appy Boithday, Baby Clair!" to his sister, too. Share the love!) Clair was all smiles this morning, and adorably played with her toes while I got ready for work.

And Lester and I went out Saturday night on a surprise birthday date! We had wine and three courses, including a crab and artichoke phyllo thingy that I gobbled in .7 seconds, it was so good. And bouillabaisse! Yum!

And he really surprised me by finding two really hard-to-find CDs I've been looking for, and burning them on to one disc, so I can have them forever! Lester is awesome! I can't say it enough.

Today, I heard from my Mom, her two sisters and my Nana all before I left the house.

I played "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 on repeat like six times on my way into work, with the windows rolled down and the volume probably way too high. (That song makes me so happy!)

Speaking of Sunday morning, AUNT FLO came in the wee hours of Sunday morning! So I can quit worrying about that, and start the birth control business. Whew!

My friend Stacey just came in and brought me homemade chocolate-chip cookies! Thanks, Stacey!

And Mother Nature has given me a beautiful day, sunny and warm and bright-bue-skied.


So all in all, it is already a lovely day, and it's only 9:30 a.m.

Happy birthday to me!!


2 comments:

LauraC said...

Happy birthday!!
And... being at work on your birthday sucks. Sorry.

Beth said...

Happy happy happy birthday Tanika! Hope your days ends even better than it started. (Which sounds like it may be hard to beat!) Hugs to you!