Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Fun!

We had a great Father's Day weekend!

Saturday, we took the kids to the Sailabration, to acknowledge the bicentennial of the War of 1812 and give the boys the synapses for Holy Cow! Those are some tall ships!


Holy Cow! Those are some tall ships. And Holy Cow! There are a ton of people out here!
Cary and Dean, as you can tell, were thrilled by this outing.


I had plans to spend most of Sunday morning with my Dad and Granddad in D.C., fixing them a Father's Day breakfast, so I celebrated Lester on Saturday night. After we put the kids to bed, we chowed down on 2-dozen steamed crabs. I bought them earlier in the day, as a surprise to Lester, and got him some beer and me some wine. So we got to hang out, pick crabs, drink, listen to music and relax together. He loved it so much, we've decided to make it a Father's Day tradition. Soon enough, the boys and Clair will be able to join us! But I think we'll take one more year of enjoying our crabs, and the peace, by ourselves. :-)

I bought Lester some extra-large females for Father's Day. My man does like the "big girls." :-)
 And then Sunday morning, after the boys and I gave Lester his cards and celebrated him some more, I went down to D.C., and my sister Tahira and I cooked a huge breakfast of grits, eggs, biscuits, fried apples, sausage, bacon and salmon cakes for my Dad, Granddad and my Dad's brother. It was the very least I could do for my Dad, who is my favorite guy in the world (aside from Lester), and taught me what it meant to be truly loved, so that I would accept nothing less from the man who would eventually be called "Daddy" by my own daughter. Thanks to this man (below), that cycle will continue. :-)


I love you Dad!
 
After breakfast, I came home and gave Lester the night off, so he could go watch the basketball game with his buddy. But he insisted on taking the boys with him to the grocery store first, even though Clair had refused to nap all morning, and he hadn't had a break. That's just how much he enjoys his kids. Isn't he the best?

He truly enjoyed his Father's Day, and we truly are blessed to have him as the best Father/Husband anyone could ever ask for.

We love you, Lester!

Our love...
...multiplies...

...and keeps getting better!





2 comments:

Candice Baptiste said...

Wow! I love this blog. I am so glad you had such a great weekend and it wasn't even your day :-)!

DCAngel said...

*sigh*

This is a blessed life.