Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 3 of pre-school = quiet time with Clair

Lester dropped the boys off by himself this morning at school. He SAYS there were no tears.

We'll see what Miss Toni has to say about that in the Daily Report.

This aberration in the drop-off routine (Lester goes; I stay) is what will happen on Wednesdays now, which means I get to have a full half-hour alone with Clair before Michelle comes.

Can I just say, it was soooo great! A half-hour doesn't sound like a lot, but it was really a good amount of time to just sit on the floor with her, read a couple of baby books, play with toys, play Peek-a-boo and tickle and snuggle with her. It's quieter and I could give her my full attention! I so enjoyed it and so did she.

I also decided to break out some of the boys' old toys, and this singing puppy was a huge hit!


The bottom left photo cracks me up! She was SOOO excited! "It talks! It sings! It tastes good! Hooray!"

All in all, it was a very good morning. And I think it'll prove to be really nice for Michelle, too, not having Cary and Dean for two solid hours in the morning. She'll get to play with Clairzy, and maybe sneak in a little downtime, when she takes a nap around 9:30. Win-win for everybody!

(And also, because I was already all dressed and ready to go -- not having two toddlers running me ragged all morning -- I could leave the house as soon as Michelle got there. That meant I was ON TIME to work! What a concept!)

Did I say #winning?! Yes, yes, y'all! Winning!!


1 comment:

Candice Baptiste said...

We pre-school Day 3 was great for Clair and Tanika so that is a plus even if you get a not so great daily report.