The boys say and do the funniest things. Here's a sampling:
After dinner, I'm in the dining room and Lester leads the boys through the kitchen, headed for upstairs. I hear quiet, quiet, quiet ... and then:
"Mommy! Mommy!" They run over to the dining room and look at me urgently.
"Yes," I say.
"Daddy give us chips!"
I make an exaggerated gasp. "Chips! Daddy gave you chips??"
Then they turn to Lester, who is hiding behind the wall between the dining room and living room.
They both wag their fingers at him and say, sternly, "Daddy!! Not supposed to give us chips! Not to give us chips any-MORE!!"
Then they crunch happily on their chips.
"Thanks boys, " Lester says. "Thanks a lot."
Playing on the floor with Dean and Cary, I say to Dean, "Baby, please don't throw the Legos. Just build with them. OK?"
Dean: "I'm not a baby! I'm a little boy!"
At the dinner table, Cary is whining incessantly. I ask him repeatedly what's wrong, but he just whines and rubs his eyes. I decide to ignore him.
Finally, he says to me, "Mommy, I'm sleepy. I'm sleepy in my eyes."
Outside playing with the next-door-neighbor kids, the older girl is trying to teach Cary and Dean how to throw a Frisbee. Her younger brother keeps stealing the Frisbee and tossing it. Exasperated, she says, "You're getting on my nerves!"
Later, I spy Cary in the neighbor's flower box, tugging on a plant. He pulls a leaf off and I say to him, "NO! We do not pull on plants. Leave it alone Cary."
He looks over at me and says, "Getting on my NERVES!"
Cary asks me to turn the music on.
Sure, I say. What do you want to hear?
He thinks for a second and then says, "John Mayer."
Dean has started asking for food and drink at all times, even when he's just eaten. He will go down the list of things he "wants," I guess hoping we'll give in if he asks for the right thing.
"Mommy, I want some nack (snack)," he says.
"No, you just had dinner. You don't need a snack."
"Mommy, I want some fruit."
"No."
"Mommy, ummm...ummm...I want some agua."
"You just had water, sweetie. You finished it. It's time for your bath. No more to eat or drink tonight."
"Mommy?"
"Yes, Dean."
"Ummm, I want, I want...ummm...I want some wine."
Cary, in the bathtub, spies his private parts.
"Mommy!!" he says, excitedly. "I have pink on my p****."
"Well, yes, I guess that is pink there," I say.
He studies it, carefully. And then says, "MOMMY!"
"Yes, baby."
"Not green on my p****."
"Ummm. No.," I say. "Not green. Be very glad for that."
HA!!!!
3 comments:
I'm almost in tears over here from laughter! Your boys are so smart and adorable and funny. I MISS them! Need a C, D and C fix soon.
The request for wine is by far my favorite!
"John Mayer" is hilarious!
And now I know how you make it through the night...you must be drinking a LOT of wine! :)
Post a Comment