| On our way to school! |
From the photos I've been seeing on my friends' Facebook pages, though, I can already see that every first day is exciting and bittersweet.
So I guess I'll be writing some version of this post for the next 16 years. :-)
Things were slightly less disorganized today (mostly because they split the class up for the first day, so there were far fewer people crammed into the class) but still not at all what I expected. Instead of a mini-version of the actual school day, it was pretty much Meet the Teacher night, part 2: more discussion about Pull-ups than I ever needed to hear.
This teacher has a lot of experience, apparently, so maybe she's just seen over the years that parents of 2-year-olds need to know a lot about her diapering expectations. I dunno.
I guess I should stop having such high expectations about "school" for 2-year-olds. It might be even better if I didn't have any expectations at all. Then I'd be pleasantly surprised, perhaps!
Anyway, tomorrow, we actually LEAVE them in the class for the first time. LORD!!
Can someone please send me a fainting couch and a church fan, a couple Valium and a glass of wine?
Thanks!
2 comments:
They were cute, cute, cute! As far as tomorrow, expect tears. The boys may or may not cry, but I am sure you will.
Look at how adorable those big boys are with the monsters! Can't wait to hear how today turns out!
Post a Comment