Thursday, October 4, 2012

Regressive Clair/regressive parenting

I either learned or was reminded of some very important things last night:

1. When you put it out into the world that you want to be able to spend more time with your baby daughter -- without being specific about how and when you'd like to spend more time with your baby daughter -- your words will likely come back to bite you in the butt.

2. There is such a thing as 8-9 month sleep regression. It has a lot to do with learning to crawl and other developmental things. And even though Clair is only 7.5 months old, we have all seen that she enjoys hitting her milestones early.

3. Our joint decision to teach our children how to sleep by letting them "work it out" apparently only applied to our double sons, not our single daughter. And when confronted about this inequity, my husband becomes an alien, sleeping half the night on the couch with our sleep-regressing daughter, because "it hurts him to hear her cry."

4.  Coffee is a wonderful thing.

I did say I wanted to see more of this face, didn't I? I know. I did.



4 comments:

DCAngel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DCAngel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DCAngel said...

How cute is Lester?

And how cute is baby Clair? I mean, if you had to get up in the middle of the night, at least you'll be looking into those big, pretty eyes, while wishing that she'd go the @^%! to sleep.

Baby Clair, sleep for your mommy and daddy!

There, that should do it. You're welcome.

Candice Baptiste said...

Caje and Jace wouldn't go to sleep the other night. Does sleep regression happen at ages 3 and 5?

Just giving you a peek at your future. You're welcome.