This weekend, the weather was really nice, so I decided not to let the chore of carting three kids around by myself cause us to stay stuck in the house.
So off we went on a series of adventures!
First, Cary and Dean and I went to the Spring park clean-up at Herring Run Park, which is near our house and one of the reasons I bought a home where I did.
| Look how pretty the stream is. Actually, Herring Run Park is pretty fantastic. |
But then, they discovered the joys of rocks.
Climbing rocks.
And throwing rocks into the stream.
And so Mommy ended up doing all the cleaning. Oh well.
The most exciting part of the day for them was when they got to actually walk into a Dumpster to put our bags of trash in it. They were giddy about this.
| "Mommy, we're IN the Dumpster!! The trash man is going to take us away!" |
After that, we came home, had lunch, got Clair ready and headed out to cheer on Daddy at the baseball game. (Not that he was playing, but he was working really hard getting yelled at by coaches.)
The boys were enthralled by "real baseball players!!"
And excited to see Lester, who came over from working the event to sit with us for just a little while.
| Watching the game (for 2 seconds at a time.) |
When it was time to go, I had to bribe C & D with ice cream, because they were having such a good time.
I took them to a place called Dominion Ice Cream, which was used in an episode of Veep (and apparently on the Food Network, too.) Their ice cream is really creamy and delicious. Can't you tell?
| Ummm. I don't think there's anything left in those cups, you mannerless children who clearly have no parents to teach you how to act in public. |
And I started thinking about how my 40th birthday is rolling up in like 2 seconds, and I have been eating like a weed-smoking teenager lately. Cookies, cake, brownies, pie, ice cream, chips ...This slap-yo-mama-good shrimp po' boy TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW!
| Seriously, people, come to Baltimore. Go to Touloulou. Get a shrimp po' boy. Thank me later. |
(I know. I know. You've heard this before. So have I.)
Sunday, I spent the entire day swapping kids' clothes from fall/winter to spring/summer and packing their old things up to store away. It took so long, I was still putting winter coats (mine and Lester's included) into storage bags while watching the season premiere of Mad Men last night at 10 p.m.!
And now that I have done all that darn work, lugging bins up and down the basement stairs, folding and re-folding clothes (thanks, Clair) and trying to decide what can be worn again next year, what's going to my sister, what's going back to the store, what's going to friends and what's going to Goodwill, this weather better stay warm! Or Mother Nature and I are gonna fight.
Thanks to all those po' boys I have a few extra pounds on me. So I'm pretty sure I can take her.
1 comment:
whatchu know about weed smoking teenagers...
Post a Comment