Friday, January 28, 2011

Blub, blub, blubbbb....(I'm rendered speechless)

OK, after this week, I promise not to gush anymore about my girl-crush on Laura Case and her utter and complete awesomeness.
But, you must, MUST see this post from her blog today! (Shut the front door -- I'm in it!!)

http://jonandlaura.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-me-mommy-blogfriend-edition.html

This post just reinforces for me that I made the right decision to journal/blog about my boys and my life as a wife and new mom. I've joined a community of women who take their jobs as Moms seriously, but not themselves! Hooray for us!

Oh, and I think I'm supposed to post a pic of me and my boys as this is Show Me the Mommy day! (I'm new to this, so I think that's what I'm supposed to do...) Sadly, I have very few pics of me and my munchkins on this iPhone of mine, but I'll try to post one from waaaaay back in the day, when they were teeny little sleepy things. My fabulous photographer friend Monica Lopossay, who shot amazing photos for The Baltimore Sun for years, took this at our house. I think the babies were 3 months here, because I was still on maternity leave. Ahhh, maternity leave!

7 comments:

Janna said...

OH, your boys are so so so so so cute and you look amazing in that pic!

I found your blog through Laura's (and I agree - she's awesome!:)

I have 2.75 year old identical twin boys...are Dean and Cary identical? I can't tell in the pics, but I think they are fraternal???

Anyway, congratulations on your beautiful boys; I look forward to reading your blog!

Tanika Davis said...

Thanks, Janna!! I'm so excited to be meeting new Moms who have twins! Honestly, I think twins-Moms are all kinds of awesome, because it is no JOKE having two little people to worry about and carry around and interact with and love.
My boys are fraternal, you're right. And they are soooo fraternal, it's funny. They don't do anything the same, really. Are your two more alike personality-wise than different?
I would love to read your blog, too, but I'm not sure what you mean about sending my wordpress account (I'm such a techno-phobe, I barely knew how to start this blog!)
Can't wait to read about your boys' development so I can see what I have to look forward to -- and what I have to look out for! :-)

Nice to "meet" you, Janna.

P.S. That pic is a total glamour shot, taken by a professional photographer. I have never looked that way before or since. Hahaha!

Janna said...

Tanika,

Email me - jannamholm@yahoo.com and I'll send you a generic login and password and the link to my blog!

(and yes, you are correct - twin moms are awesome :)

Frank_Tara said...

Just stopped by to drop a note and say loved your post on Laura's blog. Her blog is the only one a read faithfully so I guess I might have a bit of a "girl crush" too. ; )

Your boys are cute.

Funny - My oldest is Carys. I have family outside of Lanham, MD and am there about every couple of years. Not as often as I would like.

T

Tanika Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanika Davis said...

@Janna -- Your boys are soooo cute! Those eyes! You are going to have two little heartbreakers on your hands, dear. I hope you plan to have an unlisted phone number! Hahaha!

Tanika Davis said...

Hi Tara!
My family lives near yours, also in PG County! So, hi, neighbor!

Laura's really good about life with twins. She's optimistic, but not too syrupy and she tells it like it is, without being too negative. She's real, I guess is the best way to put it.
Anyway, I hope to keep up this blog as long as she has -- it'll be a great gift to the boys one day. And to me, when my memory starts to slip. :-)

Nice to "meet" you!