So since I have learned my lesson about boasting about STTN, I won't discuss last night at all. (Clever folks will read through the lines there...)
Instead, I'll talk about how my babies are MOVING. Ack!!
It seems that overnight, Cary and Dean have gone from loathing Tummy Time because it meant they were stuck in one spot, forced to do push-ups to see what was going on, to now being mobile.
I'm not ready!
Cary -- who we thought would be slower to move -- is creeping and slithering all over the place, like a giggling, diapered salamander. He can get from one end of the room to the other, pivot and go back again in seconds! It's amazing. He can't technically crawl, but he's up on his hands and knees constantly, rocking and rocking. He'll be crawling soon, I know it.
I'm not ready!!!!!!!!!! (Did I say that already?)
Dean, on the other hand -- who we thought would be all over the place by now -- has been surprisingly slower to move. He learned to sit up before Cary, and since then, he's been content to do just that: sit. He'd reach for toys and books and me and Cary, all without actually moving his bottom. It was quite amazing how far that kid could reach without toppling over.
But just yesterday I noticed that he is able to move around a few feet -- all while sitting on his bottom. I think they call this "scooting." He can only move backwards, and turn himself around, but using those few skills, he's able to get a bunch of places. Yesterday morning, I turned away for a minute and he was off the playmat, sitting in the middle of the living room floor. I was amazed!
And last night, he scooted himself backwards, underneath the Jumperoo, where he proceeded to yelp for help. Soooo cute!
So, he hasn't changed his MO. The kid still likes sitting! But he's just figured out a way to move while sitting. You gotta hand it to him. He's determined to be himself!
Here's a clip of Cary doing his "foxhole slither," and Dean sitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment