Friday, March 4, 2011

Night off!

I went out after work for a friend who is leaving The Sun and Lester stayed home with the babies.
He said the night was fairly uneventful and meanwhile, I got to have some wine and dessert and chat and laugh with a lot of good friends who I don't get to see as often as I'd like.

I had a great time and it's lovely to be married to a man who makes it so easy to leave your babies at home. I honestly didn't worry -- not even once -- about them. I thought about them, of course, and bragged about them. But I didn't worry. That's because Lester is a rock star Dad. I gotta give it to him: Not too many men would relish a night alone with two hungry, sleepy babies who don't quite have the hang of staying upright in the bathtub. But Lester not only does the job magnificently; he actually enjoys it! He's the best! I really am blessed.

That does not mean, however, that I didn't miss seeing Dean and Cary tonight, so tomorrow morning, I hope they are prepared for the onslaught of hugs and kisses coming their way. I need my Davis baby fix!!

G'night babies. See you in the morning.

No comments: