Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hello world! Bye-bye, Mommy

Finally got a little video of Dean waving!

(Of course, he decided to do it sorta spastically -- which is par for the course with him -- but you can get a glimpse here of an actual wave.)

Take note of how Cary mimics him a bit toward the end of the video. I can't get Cary to wave on his own, and he's also decided not to comply with my requests for him to clap, either. But if Dean waves, he'll sometimes follow suit.





They're sitting at the door, near my purse, work bag and lunch container, which is where they sit lately these days in the mornings while we rush around getting ready. I think they think if they can blockade the door, maybe I (or Lester) won't leave for work.

Inevitably, however, my exiting the door always ends in Dean crawling after me in tears.

:-(

Have I said already how much being a working mom sometimes sucks?

I got a nice note from a friend of LauraC's, Beth, who said it best when she said she likes working and she likes her job (same here, Beth!) so she wouldn't necessarily want to be a fulltime SAHM, but that it would be nice to stay home a little more with the little ones.

But she said she has made peace with making running errands "family time" and also with the fact that her house isn't white-glove-spotless. (Which my house has never, ever, ever been!)

I think that's pretty good advice and it's going to have to be the best we do right now.

Meantime, from my desk at work, I am saying "Hiiiiiii, Dean and Cary! Mommy loves and misses you!" And I imagine my little sweeties waving spastically back at me.

1 comment:

Wiley said...

The reunions are one of the best parts of being a working mom though! Loved picking up my older son from day care and still get a big kick out of the talks we have when I pick him up from school.