Monday, June 20, 2011

First visit to Rock Creek Park


One of our friends' son had his 1st birthday party this weekend at Rock Creek Park. It was a great day to be at the park because it was summertime warm, but not too oppressive, and she picked a wonderfully shady spot to have the party. We threw a blanket down on the ground, tossed some toys around and let the boys roam. They loved it.

I have fond memories of Rock Creek Park. As a kid, my family used to have picnics there, especially for big-group celebrations, such as Father's Day, or 4th of July. We'd set up a badminton net, and a grill, cover the tables with more food than we could ever hope to eat, and spend the whole day running and playing and eating and getting bitten by mosquitoes and loving every minute of it.

I can't wait for my boys to have those kinds of experiences as well. This weekend was a great start!






1 comment:

Beth said...

Adorable! Having kids lets us experience those awesome memories all over again. I love it!