Friday, June 3, 2011

Leaving early for the weekend

My boss said I can skedaddle, which is awesome because it is BEAUTIFUL here today. 77 and sunny, with a gentle breeze. Loves it!!

I'm gonna take off and go spend a little time with the kiddos, but I wanted to say a couple things:

1. My friend Stacey gave us a little push-toy thingy for the boys and LAWD is that thing trouble! They absolutely adore it, but they fight like the dickens over it. And it's heavy -- made of wood -- so it's also the cause of lots of run-over toes and smashed fingers. I refuse to buy two of everything, folks, I mean, that's just crazy! But is this a sign of things to come? If so, I might just lose my mind.

2. Cary and Dean have taken to spitting out their food while eating and spitting out their water from their sippy cups. They do this even if they're hungry and thirsty, just because it is sooo much fun, apparently. And when we say, "No spitting," or "We don't spit," that just makes them laugh and do it more! It drives me bonkers! So I'm trying to do what the Ames books says, which is to withdraw attention when they behave this way, and it seems to work for a short period, but then they're right back at it. I guess these things take time. Meanwhile -- plastic bags for us during mealtimes!!

3. Cary woke up last night at 2:30 a.m. with a massive, stinky, sticky poop. It's been quite awhile since I had to get up in the middle of the night, and it was made all the better by the fact that I had to clean up poop! Grrrr. I do not miss those days. It's nights like these that make me remember why I don't want to have another baby. (Lester? Do you hear that??)

4. The boys have learned "chasing." They love to be chased, usually just for short distances. It's the absolute cutest thing, watching them try to speed up while crawling, and giggle. Love it.

5. Still no sign of Dean's teeth.

OK, just wanted to get that down. I'm off to enjoy the rest of this beautiful afternoon! My goal is to take some pics of the babies this weekend, so I have some to post.

Meanwhile, to see photos from our 1st birthday photo shoot, go to Jennifer McMenamin's website, click on CLIENT PROOFING. Click on Cary and Dean: The 1-Year Session. Then enter my e-mail address: tanikawhite@gmail.com to see the gallery. They. Are. Frikkin'. Awesome!


And here's video of Cary with the pushtoy, while I'm holding Dean to keep him from attacking his brother for the darn thing:

No comments: