Sunday, June 5, 2011

Relaxing weekend, yes-indeed-o. (Clap Clap)

The past two weekends have been go, go, go -- and the boys have been shuttled from place to place -- so this weekend, we mostly hung around the house, playing chase with the boys and reading books and stacking blocks and knocking them down. It was really great.

To reward us, the boys slept until 8:30 this morning. I need to type that again, as it is unprecedented. ... The boys slept until 8:30 this morning! It was seriously the best present ever. Like, Mother's Day, my birthday and Christmas rolled into one.

We did have a few errands to run and people to visit, so my wonderful sweetie took all that on himself so I could relax and be with the babies. Saturday, he hit the grocery store and Costco. Today, he went to visit his aunt and uncles in D.C. and then went to the hospital to see my brother. It was a real homerun because my Dad brought my Granddad to the hospital to see Rashad, too, so Lester got to see him as well.

To make things easier for me, and so his family wouldn't be sad that they never get to see the boys, he took Cary with him. Dean stayed home with me.

Apparently, Cary was a big hit, laughing and smiling at people, and just being all-around good. Dean, on the other hand, seemed quieter than normal while playing with his toys and crawling around, and he was also slightly clingier (who knew that was even possible). I can't prove it, but I think he was missing his brother. When Cary got home, Dean perked up and became his normal spastic, screechy self. ScreechiER, even.

Few new things about the boys:

I let Dean play with the cordless phone today, since Cary was gone and there was no chance of fighting, and for the first time ever, he put it up to his ear! He did it many times, and laughed every time he did it and I said, "Hellooo?"

Cary's bottom tooth broke the gums, making the tooth count in our house, Cary = 3; Dean = 0. Deanie, you better get on the ball!

Both boys are getting stronger and better with standing unassisted. And Dean has started letting us hold his hands and walk him around. Before, he would collapse at the knees if we tried to help him walk. I think the little push-toy is helping. Those two boys sure do LOVE that toy.

Cary has started trying to "roll" his hands when we play pat-a-cake. It's so cute. But even cuter is when he claps his hands whenever he sees the book "Skippyjon Jones," or if we just say "Skippyjon Jones," because there's a section of the book that prompts you to clap.
"My name is Skippito Friskito (clap clap) I fear not a single bandito (clap clap) My manners are mellow. I'm sweet like the Jello And I get the job done, yes indeed-o." (clap clap)

Occasionally, he even claps to the beat. My children are clearly geniuses. Have I said this before?

Also, just to keep us on our toes, Cary has now become the baby who likes to give kisses, and Dean won't give you a kiss if you paid him. Go figure. (Here he is turning his head from a kissing Daddy!)



OK, having a glass of wine with my sweetie to round out this weekend. G'night!

No comments: