I haven't posted here in awhile, mostly because I have been in a total blur.
I wasn't even sure if I was going to post this, because I haven't shared this with even very close friends yet, so it's a bit unfair to share it with strangers. (Well, technically, this blog is really my thoughts for ME, but other people do read it, soooo...)
Anyway, here's the thing:
I am pregnant.
Just typing those words seems CRAZY.
I am pregnant.
This may not sound like a big deal, but consider this:
1) Cary and Dean came into this Earth with -- how shall we say? -- help. Yes, very expensive help. Lester and I needed this help, because we were given the impression that we could not conceive on our own - or at least that it was very unlikely that we could conceive on our own.
2) My twin boys - TWINS - just turned a year old! They won't even be two-years-old yet when this one is born. Lord, Jesus. Help me.
3) I was on the fence about whether or not I even wanted another child. In fact, I was sitting on the fence, but 3/4 of my body was hanging on the side of "No, we do not want another child, are you freaking kidding me?" Lester was much more pro-procreate, but I told him that I would not even THINK about it until Cary and Dean turned 3. THREE. Not ONE, people. THREE.
I am seriously shocked. And I have known since Friday (it's Wednesday), so you would think the shock would have worn off some. But nooooo. I am still utterly and completely shocked.
How in the hell? And also...WTF?
I'm sure I will be happy at some point. After all, babies are a blessing. And God has clearly decided to bless us in a huge way! After all, we prayed and prayed and prayed for one baby and then we got twins. And now...SURPRISE! A third.
But right now, we are both reeling trying to figure out how we will make this all work: financially, physically, practically, emotionally, etc.
Who will watch THREE kids during the day?
How the HELL will we pay for that? We're broke now as it is!
How am I going to do this?
Is this fair to poor Cary and Dean?
How will my marriage survive three babies under age 2??
I could go on and on.
Anyway....there's my news. I have more to post later about the boys but I had to get that out first.
I will be taking all sympathy cards. LOL!
(P.S. New baby, if you're reading this years from now, please know that Mommy and Daddy both LOVE and WANT you tremendously! Blame this on the hormones! :-) )
6 comments:
Congratulations!!!!
What a HUGE surprise for you and Lester. Good Luck! I hope your pregnancy is easy and healthy and delightful and you're blessed with a very easy baby :)
Love, Janna
Well if this were April I would know it was a joke. Instead I am like WTF!!!!!!! I mean, congratulations but also? 3 kids under 2. Woman you better stock up on liquor.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And congratulations.
And one baby after twins will be so easy.
The questions will all get answered soon enough, but for now, CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's amazing how sometimes once the body is primed to conceive and carry it surprises you.
How many weeks does that make you?
It's early yet; I haven't even been to the doctor. But the Internets say I am about 5 weeks. Apparently, this happened RIGHT after our Memorial Day weekend trip to West Palm Beach. I guess we were still "enjoying" our vacation -- a little too much. Hahaha. (I have to laugh to keep from crying!)
I know we just talked but I have to repeat: "O.M.G."!
I so understand the mixed emotions, but it's really all going to work out. You are smart, strong, resilient, and a beautiful person, and this was meant to happen. You can do this.
At any rate, forget about all the details. Here's the most important thing you should be keeping in mind right now: pregnancy looks damn good on you.
xoxo
I know you're reeling but OMG! I'm so crazy excited for you. You know God doesn't give us more than we can bear. You have obviously proved yourselves to be amazing parents! Congratulations. I'm excited to follow your journey.
Post a Comment