My Mom stayed the night with us last night. She had a conference nearby and elected to stay with us, instead of in the hotel the final night.
The kids were in HEAVEN! They adore their Nana so much it's ridiculous. Dean gave her unsolicited kisses, and both boys insisted on holding her hand when they were on their way to bed. (So sweet!)
Of course, I forgot to get photos of them laughing and smiling with her all night long, so I was determined to get one of Clair this morning, before Mom left for her conference. (The boys were still sleeping.)
I took a bunch of posed pictures that turned out terrible, because Clair refused to look at the camera, playing with her toes or staring at the comforter instead. So I was so proud of myself that I thought to snap a couple pics while she was lying on the bed, cooing at my mother, and wrapping her more and more around her chubby little finger.
Here's the thing. Even though these are basic B-level iPhone pics, a good photographer would have taken these two nearly identical photos and chosen the very best one to show here. But I cannot for the life of me figure out which is best. What are the criteria I should be using? Photo-people, please help me. Which of these two pictures would you throw out, and which would you keep -- and why?
Photo A
Photo B
3 comments:
This is easy!
I would throw out the first one. At first glance, it appears to be exactly the same but there is definitely motion blur. Look at your mom's hair and the yellow stripe in her dress in the first one compared to the second one. First one is blurry, second is not.
Also with kids, you often snap photos and they look EXACTLY the same. They generally are. So delete like crazy. Just for perspective, I shot 70 (SEVENTY) photos of the kids on the porch this morning then displayed 6. The rest will be deleted. And I like to think I am good at photography :) but even my hit rate is low when dealing with children.
Clients it's a little better, I shot 300 at a family shoot on Sunday morning and displayed 30. But all 30 of those are solid and different.
See? I totally didn't notice the blur! But now I do and it's bugging the heck out of me. LOL!
Nana making baby girl laugh - LOVE! I don't know anything about photography either, but gah! so much sweetness in that picture!!!
Post a Comment