Clair turned 4 months old on the 16th. So I figured it was HIGH time she had some barrettes. :-)
Check out the cutest little beetle-bug in the world:
Look closely. They're there, I swear!
Yes, I have some work to do in the hairstyling department. I know this. But even with my sub-standard skills, she looks adorable. Hi, Mamacita!!!
Next up: The Lester vs. Tanika debate about pierced ears. Yikes -- who knew this was such a loaded topic. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of pierced ears on little girls/babies. I won't say who's on which side, so as not to influence your opinions. :-)
.jpg)
4 comments:
When I saw your comment about Clair in barrettes I quickly scrolled down looking for the barrettes. Then I thought dang she forgot to include the picture. Then I read "look closely" so I did and surprise they were there. Too cute.
Now to piercing: I am for it! I did it for both Caje and Jace when they were three months old. Our pediatrician did it so I know that it was a sanitary environment. If Dr. Shourbaji wouldn't do it though I don't know if I would have had it done. I just don't know if I would've trusted the hourly employee at Clairs or some other such store.
Good luck on that decision. Jemal didn't care one way or the other so there was no debate here.
Oh my goodness. Adorable does not adequately describe her!!! Where I grew up, the ladies would describe her as "a big ole' piece of juice"! As for pierced ears, I vote nay. But I can understand the reasons why people do it. In the end, either way, I'm pretty sure you're not going to ruin her life. :-)
I am not entering the debate since I don't have a girl. But I do have a story.
I had mine done when I was 9 and the rule was that I couldn't have them unless I could change them and clean them. Welllll..... I'm that girl that passes out in health class. The first time I tried to change my earrings, I passed out. So my mom made me take them out and let the holes close.
THEN when I got them done again when I was 12ish, there was scar tissue and now the holes are not even. It sucks. So if there is ANY CHANCE you will ever let them close up (due to infection, her pulling on the earrings, etc) then I would say don't do it.
Oh, thank you, Tanika for giving me one more girl-oriented concern. But my inclination would be not to do it. I would be concerned about hurting her (she'll no doubt suffer plenty for fashion when she's older), and even more concerned about infections. I'd love to hear your take.
Sweet baby Clair is such an adorable, happy girl! Well done, woman!
Post a Comment