I guess I did it wrong, because there were tears! Cary clung to my leg and tried to follow me out the door, tears streaming down his contorted little shiny face.
Miss Toni told me I stayed too long and kicked me out. It is SO hard, symbolically and literally, to turn your back on your crying, clinging child and walk away. But I did it. (Sniff!)
The rest of the morning, I felt like I had swallowed a tennis ball.
Good GRIEF, this is hard. I know it's fine. I know they'll get used to it and so will I. I know. I know.
But seriously, I need a hug!
I'm grateful that today I was able to leave work to go pick them up at 11. (Tomorrow Michelle will start picking them up).
But when I arrived, Miss Toni reprimanded me again. She said (in a friendly but firm way), "You can't stay in my classroom. You got to get to gettin'..."
The lingering exacerbates the crying, she said. So I just need to go! (Tanika M. Davis, will you please go now?!)
I told her I'd improve and I really, really will. Since I'm going to be doing drop-off four days out of the week, I guess I'd better. For the boys' sake and for mine.
Here's a small clip from today's iPhone video of Miss Toni telling me to knock it off. (And, in true Baltimore style, calling Cary "Curry." Sigh.)
(Also, you can see a small glimpse of the B/G twins in their class, Miles and Isla. They are so darn cute!)
3 comments:
Yeah, she's right. Be thankful you have an upright and honest teacher!!
Ugh, I've been there, and it's really hard. But from what I've read, and from what I know from experience, is that the crying is for your benefit and that it will likely end shortly after you leave.
Hugs to you!!
I know I'm late but here is your {{{{Tanika}}}} hug!
Post a Comment