Friday, August 10, 2012

Weird week, please go away

This has been such a weird week.

My computer at work got some nasty virus, which took TWO DAYS for the tech guy to fix. The ordeal left me majorly behind on some client work and was (is) a major, major pain.
He said it was fixed as of yesterday, but today, I am still having crashing issues -- AND -- now none of my old settings are on the PC. My font types, shortcuts, bookmarks, folders, and all the photos of my kids - GONE. When I just tried to at least restore my desktop background (which is a cute pic of all three kids), guess what? It made the computer crash again. Sigh.

Yesterday, Michelle came to work in tears. Her dog's been sick for a little while, but she thought she just needed to eat a bland diet for a week or so. But yesterday, Zoe (the dog) began bleeding all over the house, and had a horrible rash and swollen ears. Michelle was worried sick. She came to work, crying uncontrollably, and saying she would take her dog to the vet that night.
Of course I couldn't let her do that. I told her to make an appointment for that day and I'd come home from work so she could go get Zoe seen. I left work at noon thinking I'd be able get some work done oncethe kids took a nap, but of course, that was a pipe dream. So I'm even more behind than I was before.
(Michelle's dog is OK and apparently had an allergic reaction to something. She's on medication now).

Coincidentally, Lester had planned a little date for us last night at a fabulous farm-to-table restaurant in our neighborhood that somehow we have never been to. Of course, we had to postpone it because we had no babysitter, which was absolutely fine.

But I think it made Lester a little bit grumpy.

He came home from work in a bit of a funk and then yelled at me because he said I always do things with the kids that I'd give him the side-eye about if he did them (gave them a piece of cookie with lunch; let them watch a short clip of Ernie and Bert on my phone, etc.)
Add to that the fact that my boys were utterly confused as to what was going on -- Cary kept asking me if we were going to get in the bathtub after lunch -- and it was just a terrible, horrible, no-good very bad day.

And I am also in a bonafide funk because I feel like I have gotten nothing done all week, and I fell down on the job when it came to being there for a friend who needed me, and I can't seem to ever get to meet all my personal obligations (to friends and loved ones and myself) and maybe Lester is right that I am harder on him and his parenting than I am on myself, and I started a diet and failed miserably (chips, cookies AND pizza last night. Geesh.) and the Year of Austerity is wearing on me, and I keep saying I need to get up earlier so I can get things done (like exercise) and not run late ALL THE TIME, but dammit! ... I am TIRED!!!

But it is Friday, thank the good Lord. This weird week is winding down. And next week will surely be better, right?

Right??!
 



3 comments:

Beth said...

Right. Hang in there. And LOL about the side-eye. Ed does it to me, too, fwiw. :-)Hugs!

LauraC said...

GIRL. This has been a crazy week for me. Jon gone on the west coast all week. Extra trip to the doctor for Nate. Taking Alex to the doctor today. Stressful at work. Just trying to keep my head above water.

Not every week can be great.

Candice Baptiste said...

And this too shall pass!