Monday, January 24, 2011

My First Blog Post!

Today, I decided to start a blog.
I have a woman, whom I've never met, to thank for this decision.
Laura Case is an amazing, awesome mom of twins, whose blog I stumbled across in the winter of 2009 when I was pregnant with my own two boys, Cary and Dean.
Here's a link to her blog: http://jonandlaura.blogspot.com/

I have been a faithful reader of this blog ever since and she has not only encouraged me to blog about Cary and Dean's lives - in the same way she blogs about her two cuties - but also to save up for a "real" camera, so that I can take pics of my two wiggle worms that take your breath away, the way hers do.

Every time I read her blog, I think, "What an amazing gift to give her boys -- and herself!"
And now, I'll be able to do the same for mine.
Cary Glenn Davis and Dean Ezra Davis, this blog, ultimately, is for you.




Dean (left) and Cary at three weeks old.



2 comments:

LauraC said...

Tanika, thanks for stopping by my blog and WOW this is a very sweet post. I can't even get into the list of people who inspire me to blog! It is huge.

Nice to "meet" you.

And yes, don't blog about good sleep. Or good health. Or good potty training.

Tanika Davis said...

OMG! I can't tell you how excited I am that you sent me a message. Seriously, Laura, I used to be a fashion writer for The Baltimore Sun (no reflection on my *actual* fashion), and I had to go to Fashion Week in NYC and interview celebrities, which bored the heck outta me! But getting this message from you, I'm NOT kidding, made me squeal! I feel like YOU are more of a celebrity in my little world than any Hollywood waif or pop music star will ever be!
This has made my MONTH! :-)
(I'm sure I'm embarrassing you, so I'll stop now, but really, I want to tell all my friends, "Laura Case messaged me! Laura CASE!!!" But they would think I'd gone nuts...)

I have been reading your blog since I was pregnant and when I stumbled across it, using a Google search for some worry I had or another, I was so impressed, I went all the way back to the very beginning of your blog and read every single entry until I had caught up. I mean it when I say that your blog has helped me more than any of the gazillion parenting books I've read. Seeing how you have handled your two (simply beautiful) boys and not gone crazy in the process has been so inspirational. During the newborn phase, when I thought I was going to jump out of a second story window, you motivated me to keep going! I ordered the little rubber sippy cup labels you suggested! I send my husband excerpts from your blog, like "Babe, this is how the twins-blog-mom and her husband are handling allowances. Sounds like a good idea. What do you think?" I WISH I could take pictures the way you do (I'm saving up for the camera you recommended.) I adore your adoration for all things Pottery Barn. :-)
The only place we differ is about running. There, my friend, you've lost me. But I do use you as motivation to get back to somewhere in the vicinity of my pre-pregnancy weight by the boys' 1st birthday -- which btw, is May 11.
So, anyway, to sum up, thanks for helping me through the first few months of my babies' lives! And I can't wait to read what Alex and Nate are up to next.
Your new blog friend,

Tanika Davis