I took photos of that event, but with my husband's work camera, because it's much better than my little point-and-shoot, but now that means I don't have the photos handy-dandy in my purse. So I'll have to post them later.
Suffice it to say, a great time was had by all!
Cary LOVED crawling around frantically with his cousins, playing with all their big-kid toys and shrieking happily. He was sooo happy.
Dean LOVED being held allllll day long by any and everyone. He was sooo content.
They both enjoyed (a little too much) all the defiant people who insisted on sneaking them chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream. Despite my attempts to be a Tiger Mom about them not having sweets, I couldn't be in all places at all times, and there were just too many determined family members lurking around with chocolate on their fingers and ice-cream-cones. Sigh.
This does not bode well for when we leave the babies with my family Memorial Day weekend for our first trip away from them. When we come back, they will be raging sugar-holics, I'm sure of it. Double sigh.
Anyway, the babies got tons and tons of books and a couple cute toys, and we let them rip through their gifts, which they thought was tons of fun. They looked a little nonplussed about all the people singing at them, but I choose to believe they enjoyed the attention.
After the not-a-party, the whole family went to the rehab hospital to spend the rest of the gorgeous Sunday with my brother, who was sitting in the hospital garden, in a wheelchair, holding court! It was AWESOME. His trache is gone; he can drink and eat soft foods; he is re-learning boundaries and amazes all of us with his humor and determination. His memory is coming back, little by little, but inconsistently and in spurts. The doctors say this should get better over time.
Either way, this was seriously like the best weekend ever. Celebrating my two precious boys with my whole family and then visiting my brother, who is healing miraculously?? And OH! My Mom's brother came in town again and brought -- LOBSTER! And this time, I could (and did!!!) eat it!
Yes! Yes! YESSS! Best. Weekend. Ever!!
Rashad and his daughter, who he "introduced" to us, saying "Y'all probably don't know this, but this is my little daughter." LOL!
5 comments:
See? Aren't you glad you started a blog? So many special pictures in this group.
And my rule has always been, if you keep the kids so I can get away without them, I don't care if they have a steady diet of ice cream as long as I don't have to deal with the sugar insanity!
Sounds like an awesome weekend Tanika! And I'm amazed by your brother's progress. That is so wonderful. As for all the sugar--I think I lasted about a year worrying about the whole sugar consumption. You'll get over it! LOL. And shoot--if you have family who will take care of your boys so you can get away, then definitely get over it! They will survive, I promise! (BTW, not sure if you know I have a regular blog, Working It Out.)
AWESOME weekend! SO happy to hear your brother's recovery is going so well! These pictures made me smile (and tear up a little bit :)
Thanks, ladies! I am so glad I started this blog, if only because I get to "talk" to really great people like you! Seriously.
P.S. Wish I could "like" your comments, FB-style!
Post a Comment