Monday, May 16, 2011

Photos from the Not-A-Party

The set-up, before the onslaught of cousins, pizza and cake and ice cream.

I'm proud of myself for actually making this cake. I always thought I would be the kind of Mom who made their kids' birthday cakes, but then when I'd see the fancy bakery cakes other kids had, I thought maybe I should do that. But no...Duncan Hines it was. Made with love by Mommy.


The babies in their 1st Birthday hats! Cary kept taking his off, so I had to be quick to get this shot!

The babies and Mommy!


Cary was in his GLORY, crawling around playing with all his big cousins. He was all up in everybody's business, shrieking and giggling, acting like he was one of them. He loved the noise, the people, the chaos.

Dean, on the other hand, only wanted to be held in someone's -- anyone's -- arms, or on someone's -- anyone's -- lap. He could have done without all the noise, the people and the chaos.
.

Mom, birthday not-a-parties are FUN!!

Mom and Dad, I'm not really sure what to make of birthday not-a-parties. Help!


Opening their gifts was super fun -- for awhile.


Especially for Cary ("Hey, I get to rip this paper? And it's OK?! Cool!")


But eventually, Dean made his way into Daddy's lap, where he was much more comfortable looking at all the wonderful books friends and family gave them.


They loved seeing their twin cousins, Kingston and Kenton, who are just five months younger than they are! Two sets of all-boy twin cousins? Oh, they are SO plotting total family domination!

Not-a-party over. We need a drink!

Thanks for the awesome time and all the lovely gifts, folks! Let's do it again next year!

No comments: