Saturday
*Went to breakfast at a little diner; ate pancakes. Boys did sooo good at the restaurant! Pancakes were a hit with them, as were the fried potatoes. These boys take after their Mom. The babies also were a huge hit. Everybody in the restaurant came by to smile at them.
*Got the babies their first pair of real shoes! Pre-walkers from Stride Rite. I took them to a real store so they could get their feet measured. Despite my very fraternal babies being totally different in every imaginable way -- including size -- they both wear the same size shoe (4). Go figure.
Cary getting fitted:
* Took the boys to Jos. A. Banks with Lester to get him new suits. Showed them a fountain in the mall.
* After bath and bedtime, watched a movie with my husband and snuggled in our bed.
Sunday
* Got up, went to Home Depot and bought flowers for my front yard. Then went to the grocery store. Did all that and got back while the babies were still napping. Yes!
* Took the babies to Hugo's first birthday party. They were cranky and clingy (new house, new people) and I was by myself because Lester had to work, so I only lasted about two hours, but we had fun. The boys ate quiche and watermelon and loved both! Also, turns out Hugo got the SAME new shoes! Awww.
Here they are playing at Hugo's house (before the whiny-ness set in):
*Put the babies down for nap No. 2 and immediately got started putting my flowers in the ground and in pots. It started to rain a little bit, but it was really satisfying to be out in the yard, digging, wet hair and all. Last year this time, my yard went to hell in a handbasket because I was HUGE and ridiculously uncomfortable.
* Washed all the boys' bedclothes because Lester went to get Cary up from nap No. 2 and discovered that he had taken his diaper off and pooped and peed all over everything. Even Lester. And also Lovey the Monkey. JOY!
I decided to wash Dean's stuff, too, because ...well, why not?
* Had a visit from a good friend, who was just in town for the weekend.
* Put away the babies' winter and too-small clothes. Dug out the shorts and T-shirts my sister gave me that belonged to Russy (that little boys had more clothes and shoes than J-Lo). Happy that I will have to buy them very few spring/summer clothes! Thanks Tahira!
* Watched ANOTHER movie with my husband!
All in all, this was a great weekend!
But somehow, I feel super guilty because I didn't make it down to the hospital to see my brother. So next weekend, I'm spending all weekend down that way. P.S. I heard his voice on Friday!! He said, "Hi Taneek!!!" BEST. DAY. EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment