Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Three days to go!

No one told me there would be so, so, so, so, so much to do before a trip now that we're parents.

I have just about finished packing the babies' things and typing up a list of all that I'm packing so my Mom will know what she has and so I'll know what I ought to get back.

I typed up a "How to Care for Cary and Dean" list (even though I have a feeling no one is going to care what I say).

And we did the unofficial "will."

I have completely run out of steam to do my own packing, not to mention the fact that I have no idea what I'm wearing anyway, as I still have a pokey, paunchy, pregnant woman's belly. Yes, I do know my children are a year old. What of it?

I also have to go to the hair salon Thursday after work to get my hair flat-ironed and then get my toes and eyebrows done (can't go to Florida without a pedicure!!) and stop at the grocery store on my way to my Mom's to get a gallon of milk and some YoBaby yogurts.

I am SO gonna need this Memorial Day weekend getaway to West Palm Beach by the time all this preparation is done. Gracious.

Did I mention that Lester and I got engaged on Memorial Day weekend 2007 in West Palm Beach?

Today, Lester sent me an e-mail with this blast from the past:

Awwwww! Aren't we cute?!! I can't wait to recreate some of our engagement weekend magic while we're there.

But I hope I won't worry too much about the babies. After this past weekend, when I took them to Richmond to my cousin's wedding, and they cried and cried and cried on the way home in the car, I am now nervous that they're traumatized. I know I was certainly traumatized after that performance they pulled in the car, and their ultra-mega-uber clinginess all day Sunday.

Perhaps Lester and I can find the greasy spoon Mexican spot with the 99-cent margaritas!
Those may be more necessary than I could ever have imagined.

No comments: