Friday, May 20, 2011

My boys are awesome and I'm a single Mom

Yesterday, as if Dean could read my mind (or my heart) and knew I needed it, he stood in front of me on the floor, let go of my hands and started bopping to the music playing on the iPod behind him. He bent his little knees and boogied, with a look of sheer joy on his face! It was awesome.

I so needed that, Deaniekins!! Thank you!

Later, we played with nesting blocks, stacking them (me), knocking them over (Dean) and putting farm animals inside of them (both of us!)

He was totally serious as we went about executing these very important tasks. But it wasn't in a somber way, just a serious way. I guess that's just it. My baby's not sad. He's serious. And that's not so bad.

Meanwhile, Cary added a word to his repertoire. "Boo-ruh." Which means "toothbrush," in case you don't speak Cary-ese.

So the list is now up to:

Dan -- Fan
Poon -- Spoon
Boon -- Balloon
Nana -- banana
Boo-ruh -- toothbrush

He can also say "boom boom" and "brrrm brrrm." But those are more sounds than words. Either way, my kid is pretty verbal, I think!

I am a single mom this weekend. Lester is off to his cousin's wedding in North Carolina. I'm jealous because the wedding is on Bald Head Island, which is soooo cute and romantic. But because my own cousin is getting married in Richmond this weekend, none of my babysitters (Mom, sister) were available. So I'm braving the Cranky and Clingy Show alone for three days. Yikes. Prayers are welcome.

Also, either because I am a fool or a glutton for punishment, I am thinking hard about packing the boys up and driving 2.5 hours to Richmond to my cousin's wedding.

More prayers, thanks. Also earplugs.

I'll let you know how this goes. Happy weekend all!

No comments: