The boys had their 12-month checkup today and before I tell you the results, I need to let you know that Lester and I had a bet about how much the boys weighed.
I said Cary weighed 21 lbs., and Dean weighed 24.5.
Lester said Cary weighed 22.5 lbs. and Dean weighed 24.
We were both wrong.
Cary weighs 19 lbs., 12 oz. and is in the 10th percentile for weight, but the 50th percentile for height.
Dean weighs 23 lbs., 8 oz. and is in the 60th percentile for weight and height.
Clearly, we both think our boys are heavier than they are. You try lugging two wriggly boys around with you! You'll think they both weigh a ton, too.
The doctor said both boys are awesome, which we already knew. And then he congratulated us on getting from the last check-up to this one without either boy having to come in for a sick visit. You know what this means, don't you? Now, someone (or both someones) is bound to get sick. Dang that doctor!!
The boys also got shots -- and it was awful. They both screamed bloody murder (especially Dean) and Cary looked so hurt and confused. I hate shots!
We also were told that one possible side effect of these shots is a really high fever and/or rash that appears 7 to 10 days after the shots were given.
This sucks because 10 days from today we are leaving the boys with my Mom and grandmother (Nana) and going to West Palm Beach for two nights. First couple's trip away from babies ever and there's a possibility of a raging fever and a rash?? Oy!!!
Pray for us, peoples.
Oh, and in other news: Kristie came over yesterday and said that CARY IS RELEASED from physical therapy! I'm not saying it with all-caps-emphasis because I'm excited about it; just because I can't believe it. My little floppy, sleepy preemie no longer needs services! Wow. When I told Lester, he had the exact same reaction I did, which was to say, "Awwww." Like sorta wistfully. Isn't that crazy? Why is it just the tiniest, tiniest bit sad that he's released? Any therapists out there who can explain this one to me?
Anyway, Kristie still will come by once a month to work with Dean, just because of his little turned-out foot, even though even she admits that he's doing just fine with standing and cruising and will likely self-correct when he starts walking. I'm glad she's still coming. She kinda has a little crush on my boys, and who can blame her? They're perfect, turned-out-foot and all.
1 comment:
I hate it when the boys have to get shots, too. Seth still freaks out about them, but William is as cool as a cucumber. (It only took 4 years!) Anyway, fingers and toes crossed that the side effects are very mild on the boys. So excited for you and Lester! Don't worry about the boys. They'll be fine!
Post a Comment