Friday, February 25, 2011

Dreams, teeth and other weirdness

Do babies have bad dreams?

Last night, Dean suddenly screeched in his sleep twice and then ....silence. Ten minutes later, he screeched again, just once this time, and then silence, again. I went in to check on him and he was asleep in his crib, like an angel, clutching Lovey the Puppy.

It was so weird.

Of course, a sudden screech from your babies' room in the middle of the night is startling, to say the least, so *I* had a hard time going back to sleep after that. I kept wondering, "What was that all about?" He must've been dreaming about something. What could it be??

Here are my ideas, based on what I know about Dean:

1) He found an awesome toy to gum, and Cary army-crawled over to him and snatched it away.
2) He fell over in his crib (or in the Pack 'n Play or on the floor) onto his back and tried, like a turtle, to sit up, but couldn't. (This actually happens at least twice daily).
3) He was forced to sleep without his blanket or Lovey the Puppy.
4) He was desperately trying to pick up Puffs off the floor, but his pincer grip just wouldn't quite work.
5) Cary took his toy, and in the process, pushed him over so that -- again -- he was unable to sit up AND he had no toy. (This might actually have been it, folks. This would have to be Dean's ultimate nightmare.)

Meanwhile, I finally snapped a photo of Cary standing in his crib! It's taken me days to catch him in the act and all I had handy was my stupid iPhone, which takes crappy pictures:

Check out how Dean is looking at him like, "Hey! How does he DO that?"

And also, I would like to point out that my babies -- who will be 10 months old in two weeks -- STILL have NO TEETH! How the heck are we supposed to start introducing meats and actual table food, if they have NO TEETH!! More weirdness for me to ponder!

We see the doctor on the 3rd -- I'll ask him about teeth and baby dreams while we're there.

Happy Friday!

No comments: