Saturday, we drove to Lester's Aunt Tootie's house, picked her up and took her with us to my grandfather's house. This way, we hit two birds with one stone. Pop-pop got to see us and his great-great-grandsons, and Aunt Tootie got to play with the boys, who were not sitting up yet by themselves the last time we saw her.
Then we went to my Mom and Dad's and stayed overnight, so that the boys got to spend time with their Nana and Granddad. Dean was in total love with Nana, and Cary thought his cousin Russy (who's 3) was the coolest thing ever. He followed him around as fast as his army crawl could take him and laughed at everything Russy did.
We drove home just in time for us to put the boys down for bed, for Lester to see the Super Bowl, and for me to go to the grocery store and make breakfast for us for the week (spinach and cheese quiche -- quick and easy, and you just slice it and go in the morning.)
The world tour makes for a very busy weekend and is tiring for all of us (Cary was not a happy camper on the ride home) but it's always great to see everyone, and we're blessed to have family semi-close by. So about this, I won't complain. I'll just be thankful.
Here's a pic of Pop-Pop and the boys when they were little, little babies -- about 3 and a half months. Cary has on blue socks; Dean has on white. I love the look of love and pride on my Granddad's face here. I'm sad my dear, dear Grandmother never got to meet Cary and Dean, but I'm so happy Granddad did:
No comments:
Post a Comment