Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Physical therapy times two, part 2

So the team came out today and played with Dean on the mats on the floor, checking out his little legs and posture and ability to (sorta) get around, and the result is: Dean has a little bit of high-muscle tone, and has some slight alignment issues around the hip area, and can, in fact, benefit from physical therapy. So now he'll join Cary and Kristie in their weekly sessions!

I'm not upset by the news, although I was secretly hoping that they would say otherwise. But now that we know, I'm happy we've found out early and will be getting him the tiny little push that he needs to get over this hump. I've seen how well PT has worked for Cary in a very short time. So I'm thankful my Deanie will be joining in the fun. Plus, Kristie's so great, I was often a little sad for Dean that he didn't get to play with her as much as Cary did.

Also, we have to retire the Jumperoo. Which does kinda stink, because Dean SO loves that thing. He'd marry it if he could. Oh well. I guess it's a good thing, then, that he's been falling in love with the phone lately. That should help him get over Ms. Jumperoo.





The good news from the assessment: Dean is age-appropriate for all things cognitive, social and emotional. And in fact, the teacher (one-third of the team) said that the rapt and enthusiastic way Dean responded to the book, "Opposites" by Sandra Boynton, could be a PSA for why it's never too early to read to kids. 'Cause gracious he loves that book. Almost as much as theJumperoo. But not nearly as much as the phone.



No comments: