Monday, February 28, 2011

Waaaaay down in the hole

The post's title is a phrase from the theme song from "The Wire," which Lester and I watched faithfully when it was on. Especially since both of us at one point worked at The Sun, and live in Baltimore.

But the title is in reference to the way my two sweeties look now that Lester has lowered both their cribs to the lowest rungs!!

I don't like it!!

I know I sound like a whiny brat, but seriously. Could my babies be any farther away? They might as well be in a well or something. Ugh. And I had to take away all the bumpers, because they're pulling up now, and could potentially hang themselves on the decoration -- no matter how cute it is.

So they are now in naked, drab cribs, waaaaaay down in the hole. I have to literally stand on tippy toes, and strain to pick them up.

I really, really, really don't like this! Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

It was so much better when they slept like this (both fitting in the Pack 'n Play!):

Or even better (napping on the sofa next to Mommy):

Or EVEN BETTER (This always brings tears to my eyes! They're in preemie clothes for goodness sake!):

But now they're big 9 and-a-half-month-old babies, who are pulling to stand (Cary) or pulling to kneel (Dean) and safety has to come first, right?

Excuse me while I go crawl way down in my own hole ... and cry. Time is moving way too fast, and my babies are moving too far away. Already.

No comments: