Thursday, February 10, 2011

A milestone reached, too soon

Today we had to lower Cary's crib mattress one rung, because he's getting so good at pulling up and hanging over the bar! It was just one rung, but he seems so far away now.

Dean's crib is still on the highest rung, and I like it that way. I can reach in with minimal effort and get to my boy!

(Did I mention I'm short?)

Also, tomorrow is the babies' 9-month birthday. I seriously can't believe they're 9 months!

When I was pregnant, a co-worker who also has twin boys gave me a bunch of their old clothes -- and I remember going through them, peering dubiously at the 9-month-sized footie pajamas, thinking, "What 3-year-old is going to fit into these??"
I could not have conceived of the day my two little babies would grow to fit -- and actually outgrow! -- those PJs.

And yet, here it is.

And even though they're still in their cribs, thank the Lord, I'm already having to move my babies farther and farther away from me.

No comments: