Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Start the day shocked, end the day sad

Shocked: This morning, Cary was up on his knees, leaning over the edge of the crib, reaching for a bottle on the dresser. I had never seen him do that -- nor did I know he was even capable of it! I guess it must be time to lower the mattress in the babies' cribs.

Sad: Tonight when I came home from work around 5:45, both babies were extremely sleepy, and Cary was exceptionally so. Dean was hungry and cranky, so between the two of them, the fuss-factor was ratcheted up a notch. The boys get a bath around 6:15 and a final bottle right after. On this night, Cary was asleep by 6:45, and Dean by 7. So I got to see my boys for an hour, and an hour and 15 minutes respectively. That's it!! And they were crankypots a majority of the night.

Sometimes it really stinks being a working Mom.

No comments: