Friday, February 11, 2011

Nine is fine!

So far, nine months is pretty darn good.

Cary stood up in his crib for the first time this morning, and tonight, Dean took two little crawling "steps!" (I'm not sure what else to call it...) Two different milestones on the same day!!!

In between these two exciting moments, Dean gave me a zillion hugs, Cary pulled up on me and kneeled into my torso, so he could chew on the buttons on my shirt. Dean and I made a game out of stacking blocks for him to knock down, which he found hilarious; we read two stories and sang a bunch of songs, including "Kookaburra" (one of their favorites). Dean turned his head toward where the telephone usually is every time it rang, showing just how smart he is and Cary splashed in the bathtub with such vigor, I got all wet and didn't care one bit. Lester made Dean laugh and laugh during the boys' bedtime bottle, just by touching his nose, and Deanie even leaned in to give Lester four kisses in a row! Cary snuggled in to me and looked like an angel drinking his little bottle and both boys fell right to sleep without fuss or struggle, leaving Lester and me a Friday night to eat Chinese food, watch TV and just spend time together.

If this is what 9 months is going to be like, I say bring. it. on!

The boys were so awesome today, Lester and I are planning to try to go out for family breakfast tomorrow morning. Let's hope we're not pushing our luck. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: